Coolant isn’t ever “used up” like a car uses gas or oil. It’s just circulated around your A/C system to cool your air. No Coolant is lost in the process. Though over time with each air conditioning service, tests to check your refrigerant could add up to lost amounts. See our other blog, R-410A vs R-22 Refrigerant to understand more about this topic.
However, there are signs that you may be running low on coolant due to a leak. There are many indicators to whether or not your HVAC is having a leak. If you are experiencing any of these it may be the case.
Signs that your air conditioner needs more Freon
- Supply ducts/registers are blowing hot air even when your A/C is running and your thermostat is set to “cool.”
- Water has accumulated on the floor by your furnace due to condensation.
- House takes forever to cool off.
- Ice has built up on copper lines from AC to indoor coils
- High electric bills
- House takes longer than normal to cool
If you believe you are experiencing a coolant leak it is imperative that you call one of Progressive Air Systems licensed technicians today. Because, only a professional can accurately diagnose the problem that exists within your Carrier AC system. Be sure to ask for an electronic leak test. Fixing the cause of the leak and topping up your system will quickly see a vast improvement in your systems performance. While the savings will be passed on your utility bills at the end of the month!